Volume contact centre recruitment partnership with leading utilities provider, npower
Following a challenging period, npower approached greenbean to deliver 40 permanent Customer Advisors between December 2018 and February 2019. Immediately deploying a dedicated Account Manager and resourcing delivery team, greenbean worked as a collaborative and embedded partner to ensure a robust, transparent and effective model which provided a high touch, tailored recruitment process. Stakeholder relationships were key – we had to act quickly but with credibility and build trust across central resourcing, finance and procurement functions as well as on a local level with operational teams.
- On-site account managed model
- Branded, targeted attraction campaign design and management
- Tailored assessment and selection process designed and managed by greenbean, including: pre-screening, testing, interview, assessment centre and offer management
- Successful on-boarding facilitation and engagement process
greenbean successfully filled all 40 initial hires across Financial Solutions, Sales and Retentions, and Digital. npower and greenbean worked together in an honest, transparent approach to source high quality candidates. greenbean ensured a seamless and high touch on-boarding process with transparent reporting and consultation through tailored account management and with regular on-site presence to ensure visibility.
Key Learnings and Challenges
- Uncertainty in the utilities market during the recruitment campaign meant that our team had to be positive but transparent in their candidate engagement to ensure candidates did not drop out of the process
- Start dates were over the festive period which usually limits the talent pool of available candidates. Our team worked hard during the December/January period to ensure we had a consistently fresh attraction and engagement strategy – ensuring our candidate funnels were wide enough to ensure fulfilment
- A saturated customer service market area meant that we had to be creative in our sourcing strategy to ensure a fresh pipeline of talent. Our in-house marketing teams supported our branded campaigns, which were highly targeted, to pinpoint talent who may not ordinarily have considered npower nor customer service as a career
greenbean is now the exclusive recruitment partner for all npower volume contact centre and administrative recruitment across the UK.
“We re-engaged with greenbean to fulfil a set of requirements we were struggling to fulfil. They quickly understood our needs, built out the assessment process and provided quality candidates in a really short space of time. This positive can-do approach means we remain engaged with them for our future needs.”
Carl Bowles, Director of Customer Care and Relationship Management, npower
Why do I need RPO?
Rethink the way you recruit, optimise your approach to hiring talent and keep abreast of the latest tools and legislation.
How will it benefit me?
Measurement is intrinsic to the success of our work, demonstrating what works and where to improve, while informing future approach to resourcing processes and strategy.